You look down at your otherwise beautiful feet and realise that they are cracked and dry beyond belief. You feel upset that you’ve let them go, but you just haven’t had time to look after them. The kids, work, cooking, entertaining, walking the dog, tidying the house, trying to fit in your exercise – it all takes a toll on our feet which literally carry us through our lives.
You haven’t got time to visit a spa for a foot massage or pedicure but you really need to address your feet. You’ve got guests visiting this weekend and you really want to wear those gorgeous Tory Burch mules, but your feet won’t do them justice. So why not give yourself a pedicure at home? Here’s how:
- Soak your feet in a bowl. Fill it with hot water and sit yourself down for 10 minutes to soften that skin.
- Exfoliate your feet to remove all the dead skin. Take a pumice stone and wet it in the water to soften it slightly. Using circular movements around the cracked and dry areas to remove the hardened skin. (You can place your feet back in the water to help with this process).
- Massage your feet with a little oil or cream.
- Without slipping over, carefully make yourself a vanilla chai latte and sit back down.
- Pop a mask on your feet (masks aren’t just for faces) and sit quietly with a book or magazine for 10 minutes.
- Remove mask with dry your feet.
- Cut and file toe nails and apply polish.
- Apply moisturiser to your feet paying particular attention to the dry areas. Remember to moisturise your feet morning and night (to enhance the moisturising effect pop a pair of socks on).
Now go fetch those beautiful Tory Burch mules and show off your glamourous feet.
If you’d like to book in, for a reflexology spa treatment, please send me a message or call me on 07850 414271.
PS WARNING: Complimentary feel-good hormones come as standard with every treatment.